Monday, July 6, 2009

Alli Claire-isms and updates

In case you haven't spent very much time with my youngest child, here are a few things you've missed.

She calls all construction equipment "Bob Builders". This makes my my car rides with her very interesting since they have and will continue to be doing road construction in a 5 mile stretch for who knows how long to and from our house. Did I mention she screams when she sites a "BOB BUILDER!"? Oh yes, she does... and you must acknowledge her discovery with an appropriate response of, "Yes, that is a Bob Builder". "Uh huh" no longer works...

Well, here recently, it's been warm enough that I've been able to roll the windows down and not use the air conditioning. One day last week Alli Claire declared, "Bob Builder stinks my nose." The only thing I can think is she equated the construction equipment with the dirt smell from the road construction.

We've known for quite a while that sometimes she has "hot" in her nose. This can mean one of two things... 1) she has snot in her nose or 2) the air she is breathing is hotter than her body temperature making it feel warm in her nasal passages causing them to feel hot. We've seen both scenarios play out.

The kid has quirks to say the least. I won't even go into her argumentative nature. When I say she will argue with a flat rock, I'm not kidding. One of my friends said the other day that she has never seen a more argumentative child at such a young age. Example... if I said the sky is blue, she's say it was green. If I agreed that the sky was green, she'd get upset and insist it was indeed blue. Go figure... not sure where she gets this from??? LOL Why God decided to create two of me, I'll never know! There really should be only one.

Graison is spending the week with Aunt Janet. Me, Martin and AC will go over Wednesday and spend the night. Our annual trip to Six Flags starts Thursday. One day at the amusement park and one day at the water park. FUN! I cannot wait. We always have such a great time!!

Saturday, I'll drive Graison up to Suzanne's house and let her spend the next week there. She is going to have such a great time. Shelby came and stayed a week with me a couple of weeks ago. I left her alone, fed her and let her do absolutely NOTHING. She loved it. She and Graisi stayed home, watched tv, went for walks and ate. I think they both enjoyed it :o)

We got back from the beach last weekend. My friend Catherine and I took our girls (she has two also) down to her family's beach accommodations :o) That's the best I can do with the description. It was was 5 minutes from the beach, but in the middle of Deliverance! Literally. It was great!! We had such a fun time one our own schedule... there really wasn't one. So much fun!

Needless to say, our summer has not been slow nor uneventful. It's been one thing right after the other.

No comments: