Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Happy 8th Birthday Maggie!

Today is my niece Hannah Margaret's 8th birthday (aka Maggie). Janet and I were just talking the other day that it seemed like yesterday I was standing in her room after Maggie was born and Graisi was walking around holding my hand. They were born 10 months apart and have been kindred spirits since they met. They mirror each other perfectly. Graisi is Maggie's loud half and Maggie is Graisi's quiet half. Our family celebrated Maggie's birthday the day after Thanksgiving because she is having a sleepover party this year. Since then, Alli Claire has been singing the Happy Birthday song to Maggie. Last week I "explained" to Alli Claire that Christmas was about Jesus' birth and not about Santa Clause. At which time, she began merrily singing happy birthday to Maggie AND Jesus!

Maggie, I am so glad we were blessed to have you as part of our family. Now, I'm not sure where we stand in that equation :o) Happy Birthday to you today! I'll see you Friday.

I love you!
Aunt Shelli

No comments: